03 August 2010

Football Songs

It's very late, and I can't sleep; I suppose it's due to the excitement of having priced transatlantic plane tickets. As I lie in bed, different songs have been popping into my head, and I figure I might as well write them down. I think these are original to me ... Clearly it must be very late ...


*to the tune of the Big Red Theme Song*

Joe Cole wins the ball much better
Joe Cole kicks the ball much better
Joe Cole plays the ball much better
Better than Yossi Benayoun
The Londoner turned Scouser makes us happy
He'll keep running on and on
Here, There and Everywhere*
He'll play the game much better
Score lots of goals much better
Liverpool will win the treble
With Joe Cole


*to the tune of Que Sera Sera*

Craig-ie Reid
Craig Reid
He has the same name as me
He'll lead the Exiles to victory
Craig-ie Reid
Craig Reid

Roll on December! ...

Now I must get some sleep. The GRE is 6 days away!


*Note the allusion to the Beatles!

No comments: