16 March 2010

An Update, a Quote, and a Link

I'm working on three projects right now, so I've not had much time to blog ... which is unfortunate as the Glenn-Beck-Leave-Your-Church Fiasco has been big news lately. There was a good post about the emerging Beck v. Wallis discussion on God's Politics' Blog today (I think it echos my earlier post).

One of my projects is compiling an index for Richard Goode's next book about Will Campbell. Here's a quote from his excellent chapter on the principalities and powers:

"Live by the Kingdom's reality and the powers fade. We are, therefore, constantly challenged to choose whom we will serve: the illegitimate principalities and powers and their Domination System of realpolitik, or God and the reality of reconciliation. God's reconciliation is made manifest by the meek and merciful, the forgiving peacemakers, and the disinherited outcast--'the poor, the sick, the prisoners, and those socially discriminated against.' That is Easter realism" (188, Crashing the Idols).

Also, the Stone-Campbell Journal's website has finally been updated; my review of Thomas Kidd's American Christians and Islam is available online there (registration required).

Until next time, may the peace of Christ be with you all.

1 comment:

roysie said...

Dusty, I thought of you when I heard about that Beck comment. I hope you get the chance to write on it soon.

-Emily