10 June 2009

Blog Update

I'm sure you're starting to think, "Gee, Dusty, you sure don't do much theologizing in your new theology blog." And sadly, that is a truthfact at this point. But as I come across some things that merit theological reflection, I will write on them as I have time.

As it is, the blog is taking the shape of a devotional-type blog. While that's okay for now, I do generally think such blogs are not that great. So know that I want to head in the direction of deep theological reflection, but for now (and the near future), I hope you will bear with me as I post on any- and everything.

I am slowly working on a few things:
  1. I am trying (unsuccessfully at the moment) to get Shelly and Harris' The Second Incarnation finished and reviewed. As I have mentioned in a previous post's comments, I hope to post one entry placing it in conversation with Hans Küng's The Church. That is still several weeks away.
  2. Reflections on the political and theological merit of the brilliantly written Travel as a Political Act. This should produce several posts.
  3. Reflections upon my time in German. Especially asking questions in regards to Theological German from time to time.
Also, soon to come will be my reflections on Thomas S. Kidd's American Christians and Islam. And look for my review of it in a forthcoming edition of the Stone-Campbell Journal (It may not be printed until this time next year or later).

Any thoughts?

No comments: